Karman LT-980 18" Seat 24 lbs. Ultra Lightweight Wheelchair
The LT-980 ultra-lightweight wheelchair
The LT-980 is the most competitively priced, lowest price available wheelchair weighing in at 24 lbs., ultra-lightweight, lightest weight, best priced k4 wheelchair. *The frame weight is only 13 lbs., and compares to other featherweight categories found at higher price points. This chair comes in an 18″ seat width, which is the most popular seat size for manual wheelchairs. Find out why this is one of our best sellers through reviews and standing the test of time in getting the lower priced true entry level into the ultralight weight category. Our polyurethane non-marking light grey wheels are perfect for indoor and carpet use. Not only do we have the ability to keep our wheels squeaky clean, but there is a specially made handgrip for ease of manual propelling when using the wheelchair. A truly unique chair that will excel amongst most traditional entry-level wheelchairs. Rated 4.1 stars by Wheelchair Institute.
Features of the Karman LT-980 Ultra lightweight Wheelchair
Adjustability & Comfort
- There’s not much to say on this front, because aside from the color (you can order the chair in either black, silver, or burgundy), all of its primary features are set. They are what they are, and the chair offers only limited adjustments, so you’ll want to pay close attention to the specs to make sure you’ll fit comfortably into it.
- Regarding adjustability, about the only thing on offer here is the fact that you can adjust the height of the footrests. However, even at maximum extension, if you’re much over six feet tall, you’ll likely struggle to fit comfortably into it. Also note that if you want the Karman Ultra-Lightweight LT-980 Wheelchair in color other than black, you can in red and silver. While not really an “adjustability option,” it’s worth mentioning here that the braking mechanism is very conveniently located for the person sitting in the chair since it’s on the left-hand side and within easy reach. Just pull up on the lever to lock the wheels in place, and you’re all set. The LT-980 incorporates handbrakes at the wheel of the chair so that the user could activate them if needed.
- Where comfort is concerned, we said at the start that this should be considered a light-to-moderate-duty chair. It’s outright comfortable, but it takes a price point to double at the least to find a more comfortable model out there. It’s also a simple matter to fix, as an extra cushion for the seat or seat back is a trivial expense. But even then, if you spend more than 4-5 hours a day in the chair, it’s likely to get increasingly uncomfortable.
Checkout Securely With:
- Frame Weight is only 13 lbs*
- Weighs only 24 lbs (without footrest)
- Fixed armrest w/ wide cushioned arm pads
- Swing In/Away Removable Footrest
- Seat width: 18″x 16″
- Backrest Pouch attached to the upholstery
- 6″×1” Polyurethane solid front casters
- 22″ x 1 3/8” flat free polyurethane tires, high tread, flat free wheels
- Folding backrest and folding seat for easy traveling
- Adjustable Height Footplates with heel loops
- Frame Color Options: Black, Merlot Mica, or Silver
- Weight Capacity of 250 lbs
|Seat Width||18 inch|
|Seat Depth||16 inch|
|Seat Height||18-19 inch|
|Back Height||19 inch|
|Overall Height||37-38 inch|
|Overall Open Width||26 inch|
|Overall Length||28 inch|
|Weight Without Riggins||26lbs|
|Legrest Type||Swing Away, Removable|
|User Weight||250lbs or less|
In order to process your return as efficiently as possible, please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a delay in processing your return or have the credit denied.
- Products purchased more than thirty (30) days from ship date
- Configured wheelchairs, special or custom products made to customer specifications or sold as non-returnable
- Products returned in altered or damaged packaging, or in packaging other than original packaging
- Package and/or product broken, breached, damaged, or unsellable condition
- Returns prohibited by state law*
- All seating components must be returned inside original sealed plastic bags
- Issuance of an RMA number does not guarantee credit. Credit issuance is dependent on confirmed receipt/review and acceptance of RMA product back in Karman Inventory and is subject to the other terms of this policy
*Each state has individual Pharmacy laws, all returns are subject to the approval of Karman Regulatory Affairs
All returns must come through Cura360.com. Please contact us for any return inquiries.
Short Shipment and Freight Damage
Claims for shortage, errors in delivery, or defects apparent on individual inspection must be made in writing to Karman within five (5) calendar days after receipt of shipment. The buyer’s failure to give timely notice of the same shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such shipment.
Damages or Shortages
In an effort to reduce the potential of delaying a resolution of a damage or shortage claim, the customer is required to count all receipts prior to the customer’s acceptance of delivery from the carrier. Furthermore, after receipt of products, inspection of obvious damage to product, packaging and/or shortages, must be noted on the carrier’s freight bill or bill of lading (BOL) and be countersigned by the customer. The damaged products must remain in the original carton, in the event inspection is required by the transportation company.
The customer must notify Cura360 of any damages in transit or any of the aforementioned possible situations within two (2) business days of receipt, or there shall have no obligations to process credit or arrange for the product replacement.
Products Shipped in Error by Karman/Cura360
The customer must notify Karman of any shipping errors or disputes within two (2) business days of receipt. Products shipped in error by Karman are returnable through the RMA procedure, provided that products are received within thirty (30) days of receipt
RMA (Returns Merchandise Authorization), Fee Schedule, & Procedure
Return authorization must be obtained in advance from Karman. No return of any kind will be accepted after fourteen (14) calendar days from the invoice date and shipped back within 30 days of shipped freight prepaid. Goods accepted for credit upon return will be subject to a 15% handling/restocking charge and all transportation charges must be prepaid.
For orders being returned for exchange in color, size, etc. the restocking fee will be reduced to 10%. Any returns thereafter will be a case-by-case basis depending on product, situation, and subject to a fee ranging from 25-50% restocking fee, plus a minimum of $25 processing.
Custom-made goods are not subject to return under any circumstances. In no case are goods to be returned without first obtaining an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number. The return authorization number must be marked on the outside of the box and shipped back to Karman. All freight charges including the 1st way from Karman to the customers will not be credited or refunded.
Karman will credit any freight and/or handling fee on the original order paid by the customer on returns that are due to a Karman Healthcare error, and if all items on the invoice are being returned.
Please refer to the warranty card attached to each product for more information on policies and procedures. The warranty is extended only to the original purchase and delivery of the product. The warranty is not transferable. Parts or materials which are subjected to normal wear and tear which must be replaced/repaired are the owner’s responsibility. Damaged caused by user negligence, and accidental damages intentional are not covered under the Factory warranty. Arm pads and upholsteries are not covered by warranty. It is recommended that any claims under warranty be returned to the authorized dealer for the service through whom it was purchased from.
If Warranty Registration Card is not on file for the claim product, then a copy of the invoice with the date of purchase must be provided. The warranty period for the consumer commences on the purchase date of the seller. The warranty period for the seller, if the products are not to be sold to a consumer, commences on the invoice date from Karman. The warranty is void on wheelchairs that have had the serial # tag removed and/or altered.
Furthermore, products which have been subjected to negligence, abuse, improper storage, or handling, improper operation, any modifications, or misuse are not covered by the warranty.
All warranty repairs or replacements must have prior authorization from Karman with freight prepaid. Karman reserves the right to issue call tags for any warranty repairs, which is situation-dependent. Should a field action or recall occur, Karman will identify the affected units and contact your Karman dealer with instructions for resolution. Warranty registration is still advised. To ensure records are quickly retrieved with the corresponding customer and serial number for your medical equipment. Thank you for filling out this form. Please see the RMA policy for further details, rules, and restrictions.